2021 270 Micro Sprint Division Rules
The following rules are set as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants or others. Track officials have the final decision. If there are any concerns not covered in these rules, consider alterations to be illegal unless told otherwise by the Good’s Raceway Tech Inspector.
- Single cylinder 2 cycle 250cc motors with a maximum displacement of 270cc.
- 2-stroke 250 cc engines – 16.4754 cu.in. (or 270cc) or 450cc 4-stroke stock bore & stroke.
- Carburetors only; 450cc 4-stroke engines may use fuel injection with OEM throttle bodymodified for use with alcohol.
- Minimum weight 600 lbs.
- Any material used for the purpose of adding weight must be welded or bolted to the carstructure.
- No liquid or loose ballast will be permitted.
- A rear fuel cell with bladder is recommended, alcohol and oil mix only, no additives.
- Must have accessible fuel shut off valve clearly marked.
• 70 inches, maximum – 56 inches, minimum.
- Must be attached to the frame (minimum of six points).
- Under no circumstances may the helmet of a normally seated driver extend above the roll cage .
- Roll cages must be high enough that the driver’s helmet, when seated in normal position, is two(2) inches below the roll cage.
NERF BARS & BUMPERS
- All cars must be equipped with nerf bars throughout the race.
- Bars must extend at least to the middle of the tire, but not beyond the outside of the tire.
- All cars must be equipped with a firewall between the driver and the engine compartment.
- Minimum thickness specs are: Steel 24 gauge (0.0239 inches), Aluminum 0.050 inches,Fiberglass or plastic 0.095 inches.
• Must come to a point just rear of the front axle or tie rod to the front edge of the driver’s seat.
- Top Wing: Center air foil cannot exceed 12 sq. ft. (1728 sq. in.) of surface area. Surface area is defined by the length x width of the flat plane of the largest projection of the center foil.
- Top wing must not extend beyond outside of rear tires or behind the rear bumper.
- Only two side panels allowed. Maximum of 2” deep side panel, this is the protrusion of thestiffening members not including the struts (tubular or flat bar bracing).
- Front wings are optional.
- Seat belts must be 3″ wide, 5 point approved racing harness, no more than 5 yrs. old.
- Helmet and approved full face shield required.
- Approved fire suit mandatory; (NOMEX underwear, head sock, two-layer suit is highlyrecommended).
- Arm restraints and a “Hans” or similar neck restraint is MANDATORY.
- Chain guard is mandatory.
- Aluminum or Carbon Fiber high-backed racing seat is mandatory.
- A Raceceiver is MANDATORY!
If you are unable to compete the rest of the night in your primary car, you CAN NOT leave to get another car. Your car is subject to inspection at any given time at track request. If car fails inspection, you and your car will not be allowed to compete and no points will be collected.
If there is a spec that you are unsure of, please do not assume that it will be acceptable or legal. If you have questions about any of the above rules or statements, please contact Jim Good @ 330- 612-6952.